I don’t fight. I am a diplomatic person… whose idea of diplomacy is like that of saying ‘good doggie’ while getting a bigger stick. LOL. I don’t fight. I do aggressive negotiations.
But peace does not always have to be a fight. Here are some words that might be helpful and turn your ‘fights’ into a conversation, and maybe for a change you might end up winning your cause.
1. I understand.
2. I am listening.
3. Let’s look at it from your point of view and from mine.
4. What I really mean to say is…
5. Let us be objective about this.
6. I am not mad, I am confused.
7. Maybe we should talk later to let off steam first.
8. What I hear you saying is…
9. Are you trying to say that…
10. I’m sorry.
Now this works best when you don’t shout them to whoever you are talking to, okay?