It feels like I have this huge skeleton helmet on my head, wrinkling my whiskers from time to time.
I have known myself for so long that I completely understand why things happen to me over and over again – and it has nothing to do with my repetitive behavior secondary to Asperger’s.
I am hard headed. I am practically one of the most stubborn people in the world. Wait, I am not stubborn – I am right.
Having this in mind, life practically knocks itself out in trying to give me a good whack. You know, it is really simple: when things happen to us every other day, it is all because what we are supposed to learn from it, we still miss. It is all really pretty much like a classroom lesson.
Here is a list of stuff I know I should know but doesn’t:
1. Patience is a virtue. [That I am trying to learn since Day 1. I don’t think it will work anytime soon… but I am trying, okay?]
2. There is a right time to be and not be aggressive. [Try learning that if you are catty.]
3. Giving up and moving on can sometimes be a good option. [I have always thought that you have to fight for what you want; but sometimes a good claw scratching can also get old and tiring.]
4. There is really no need to fix everything. [I am tired of being a control freak. I want peace of mind. I think I need to be brave, and to trust that things have a way of finding their own places… sometimes.]
5. Hurt is not an end in itself but a sign. [My friend once told me that when we hurt, it is because we know the right thing to do but refuse to do it.]