Keeping up with New Year’s resolutions is supposed to be bonkers but I’m trying my damn best. The first quarter of the year has come and gone (did you notice?) and I figured it might be a good time to assess this year’s 365 1/2 days project or the 10 things I’ve never done before list.
1. Read a book once a month. Successful, so far. Actually, if this means read 12 books this year, I’m more than done because The Descendants is number 16 already. But I’m not stopping because this is fun and I already have book numbers 17, 18, and 19 waiting in line! 🙂
2. Root for the Philippine Azkals in a live game – Pending, but fingers crossed I’d catch their next local game. However, I must admit I’m not as enthusiastic as before. The bad rep the boys is receiving makes me feel a bit iffy.
3. Grow an herb garden. – Successful! My Man bought the seeds: basil, coriander, thyme, sage, parsley, chives, and marjoram; and last March 27, Don Domeng helped me in starting my herb paradise. Growing the herbs gave me a fantastic feeling (though the cats frustrated me too because they loved lying down on the wet soil flattening the plants). They are pretty much baby herbs right now but the basil is looking fly. I can’t wait to post the photos when the herbs are in their most fabulous!
4. Go to school for something – Pending. I wanted to participate in a novel writing and book publishing seminar the lovely Jackie buzzed me on but I choked. Ack!
5. Take My Man to the movies at least once in every two months – Successful, so far. In truth, every month we get to see a movie, either at home or in the theaters, which is totally surprising. January: Reel Steel; February: Ghost Rider 2 and Puss ‘N Boots; March: The Three Musketeers; I forgot what we we watched during April; and May: The Avengers and Sherlock Holmes 2.
6. See my other Gran in Cavite – Pending. I’m a bit uncertain about this one because Don Domeng has to be the one to initiate this. Usually, I force them to travel by buying the plane tickets before telling them about it, but since Cavite is by land only, I still have to figure out how this works out.
7. Take Don Domeng and Mother Goose for a short vacation – Pending. Where to go?
8. Cook and serve dinner – Pending. Heaven knows how much I fear the coming of this night.
9. Go out of the country – Pending. However, I really have a good feeling about Thailand some time during the last quarter of the year. 😉 My cousin is marrying our Thai friend so that might pose an opportunity, don’t you think?
10. Ride a roller coaster – Pending. Maybe I’d accomplish this during this second quarter though. Idk, I’m still being wussy as usual. 🙄
Photo taken from here.