I made the Nutella cookies thrice after I first tried them and posted about them last week and what a better way to build on the Nutella theme by proceeding to make easy, homemade Nutella crumble bars?
These Nutella crumble bars are a real indulgent treat plus they are real simple and quick to make. They are perfect for an afternoon snack or you can bring them to school or to the office paired with coffee. But I must warn you, they can be addictive so eat at your own discretion and don’t blame me! 😀
The original recipe comes from my favorite Yummy magazine. It is a great way to bring flare to an otherwise anemic day! Make these easy Nutella crumble bars for yourself or for your loved ones today!
Easy Nutella Crumble Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- handful of cashews
- icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8 inch square pan with wax paper.
2. Combine first five ingredients in a bowl then add the melted butter and mix to combine. Press 2/3 of the mixture firmly to cover the entire surface of the pan. Make sure it has an even thickness.
3. Spread the Nutella evenly and place remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture on top. Sprinkle the cashews and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool and dust with icing sugar. Slice and serve!
These homemade Nutella crumble bars don’t take much at all but they come out a real cracker and you can even make it ahead by mixing the flour mixture and storing it on a Ziploc bag and proceed with the rest of the steps when you’re ready! 🙂
Photo taken from here. Mine disappeared quickly!