Sometimes you come across random fun facts that make the world seem all the more complicated. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction and these random fun facts may just prove it all the more.
I got these from the journal My Man gave me for the New Year and following are my reactions upon reading them. Get ready because life is about to become more bizarre!
FYI: Random, Fun Facts; Useless But Nice To Know
1. Althaiophobia is the fear of marshmallows. What kind of person fears marshmallows?
2. Tree hugging is forbidden in China. Which explains why there are many lonely trees there.
3. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down the glass continuously. If you’re eating raisins, swallow first before drinking champagne – awkward!
4. A gelotologist is a person who studies laughter. Imagine if you’re a gelotologist going through menopause!
5. After death, human hair and fingernails continue to grow. So make sure you cut them short before you die so you look still look good in the event you become a zombie.
6. Facebook’s color is blue because Mark Zuckerberg is red-green color blind. And he married an Asian because who else can count all his money?
7. In Ancient Egypt, a surgeon who loses a patient while performing an operation would have his hands cuts off. So everybody became a gynecologist instead.
8. What is called a French Kiss in the English speaking world is known as an English Kiss in France. As long as people are kissing, I don’t care.
9. An elephant cannot jump. Well if I’m an elephant I don’t think I’d have lots of reasons to jump too so why bother?
10. If the stomach, spleen, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and every organ in the pelvic and groin area is removed from a person, he would still be able to survive. What kind of show off do you have to be to want to test this out yourself?
Photo taken from here.