Sometimes you come across random fun facts that make the world seem all the more complicated. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction and these random fun facts may just prove it all the more.
I got these from the journal My Man gave me for the New Year and following are my reactions upon reading them. Get ready because life is about to become more bizarre!
FYI: Random, Fun Facts; Useless But Nice To Know
1. Althaiophobia is the fear of marshmallows. What kind of person fears marshmallows?
2. Tree hugging is forbidden in China. Which explains why there are many lonely trees there.
3. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down the glass continuously. If you’re eating raisins, swallow first before drinking champagne – awkward!
4. A gelotologist is a person who studies laughter. Imagine if you’re a gelotologist going through menopause!
5. After death, human hair and fingernails continue to grow. So make sure you cut them short before you die so you look still look good in the event you become a zombie.
6. Facebook’s color is blue because Mark Zuckerberg is red-green color blind. And he married an Asian because who else can count all his money?
7. In Ancient Egypt, a surgeon who loses a patient while performing an operation would have his hands cuts off. So everybody became a gynecologist instead.
8. What is called a French Kiss in the English speaking world is known as an English Kiss in France. As long as people are kissing, I don’t care.
9. An elephant cannot jump. Well if I’m an elephant I don’t think I’d have lots of reasons to jump too so why bother?
10. If the stomach, spleen, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and every organ in the pelvic and groin area is removed from a person, he would still be able to survive. What kind of show off do you have to be to want to test this out yourself?
Photo taken from here.
sis, di ko makita yung post mo about youngblood 😦
here is the link: https://prinsesamusang.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/how-to-get-published-on-youngblood-inquirer/ you can find archived post on the search tab. lagay mo lang yung keyword. hope it helps! 🙂
thanks sis..try lang…balitaan kita 🙂
ayun na…sana mabigyan ng chance…inayos ko nang kaunti ung post.
teka, hindi ko pala alam if they publish filipino posts o english lang.
yaan mo na …. at least may makabasang iba… ayos na yun 🙂
okay, great then. 🙂
nagsabog na sa FB… ayos na rin 🙂
nagpapaliwanag lang ng konti… di nagrerecruit ha? patawarin!
sa fb ang alin? yung post? napapanahon naman talaga ito.
Ipinamahagi ko sa 21 Chapters ng aming samahan…nawa’y sumunod sa aral ang lahat ng makakabasa…
hihihi… thanks 🙂
I’m curious about number 10. What do they mean with 80% intestines? Do they have to cut both short? Because if that’s the case, I would imagine defecating would be painful as hell. I mean, wala syang stomach. Hindi matutunaw yung food, tapos maiksi yung intestinesm so if he eats something as something it most likely will come out looking the same way. Pano kapag nakalunok sya ng buto ng mangga. Imagine ilalabas mo yun? Haha.
minsan ibang klase talaga ang imagination mo 😆 te mag new post ka na anong petsa na
😆 hindi ako maka get over sa pag jebs ng buto ng mangga. Ang sakkkiiiittttt hahahahaha
i shouldn’t imagine this for it’d give me a nightmare. 😯
natawa ako doon sa cadavier! parang ayoko tikman yun! haha!
ako din kg pass muna 😆
may bago akong natutunan ngayon. nice!
in case you join a game show these will come in handy. 😉
i love trivias and general infos. since elementary days, lagi akong nasasali sa mga quiz bees. 😀
naka naman si apollo pang laban!
i like reading useless fun facts. they do show up as jeopardy answers.
and it’s so cool when something bizarre comes out and you know the answer!