This recipe for no bake spicy chocolate cheesecake cups is an offshoot of my recent adrenaline rush to spend time in the kitchen. During the weekend I made tuna spring rolls (finely chopped onion, garlic, carrot, bell pepper, raisin, canned tuna, soy sauce, salt and pepper) and earlier today, some mashed potatoes – really yummy!
The cheesecake recipe is really basic. The twist is the use of spicy chocolate. I made this one by melting some chili dark chocolate I got from a food fair, but if you can’t find some, just use regular dark chocolate and sprinkle some chili powder or cayenne to taste. If you are brave, then try hot sauce and see how it works. The cheesecake will not be entirely spicy but you will get a warm sensation at the back of your mouth with each bite, which is pretty interesting. 🙂
Anyone who loves cheesecake can make this at home – no more paying ridiculous prices at coffee shops. I made these spicy chocolate cheesecake cups yesterday and instead of putting the cheesecake on the usual springform pan, I decided to change things up a bit by making individual portions on baking cups. They turned out really cute, not to mention tasty, light, and indulgent! 😀 Try it yourself when you find the free time. You’d be very glad you did.
No Bake Spicy Chocolate Cheesecake Cups Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup crushed graham
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- handful of chopped cashews
- 12-20 pcs 2 oz baking cups
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup chilled all purpose cream
- 40 g chili dark chocolate, melted
1. Prepare the crust. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place 1 Tbsp of the mixture on each baking cup and press in place using your fingers. Chill.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Dissolve the gelatin on the milk over low heat and add to the cream cheese mixture while still hot.
3. In a separate bowl, whip all purpose cream to stiff peaks and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Melt the chili dark chocolate for 10-20 seconds on the microwave and fold to the cream cheese mixture as well.
4. Take out the crumb line baking cups and place 2-3 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on each. Chill. Serve with your choice of topping: chocolate syrup, nuts, berries in syrup, whatever you fancy. Dig in!