The doctor probably won’t recommend this recipe for triple chocolate cookies, but I would! 🙂 These cookies are indulgent and totally hit the choco cravings amongst us bulls eye. They are soft, chewy, moist, and intense – probably the chocolaty-chocolatiest thing that ever was!
If you are a chocolate fiend, give this simple and easy triple chocolate cookies recipe a try and make your dreams come true. 😉 As for the name, I came up with vanishing added to the title because they are so good and treatly, they would vanish pretty quickly from the cooling rack! The three chocolates involved in this recipe are cocoa powder, chocolate and white chocolate chips, and melted unsweetened chocolate. Tell me, how can you resist?
I would also like to dedicate these vanishing triple chocolate cookies to the lovely scud for sending me a copy of The Book Thief – thank you, scud!
Vanishing Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine first four ingredients and set aside. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and glossy.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate. Slowly beat in flour and mix until just incorporated.
3. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm enough to scoop. Roll the dough into tablespoonful sizes and drop on cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Don’t over bake them! The outside should be firm but the center should be soft. It will firm up during cooling. Happy baking! 🙂