These banana cupcakes come with a warning: people are going to fight over it so make sure you make enough! What comes out of this banana recipe is a moist, healthy, and oh so tasty bread that is very satisfying. This is the second baking recipe I learned ever since I started my kitchen adventures. Prior to getting baking skills, I used to buy banana bread in the stores for it is really one of my favorites. But now I bake it all the time from memory, following this recipe, sometimes into cupcakes, other times in a loaf bread.
Earlier, my sister called and asked me to make cupcakes for her and these banana cupcakes are what came out. She works at the hospital so her free days are quite erratic and she does not get to go home a lot so I was pretty happy to comply quickly and fulfill her craving. The best thing about this banana cupcake recipe is that it is so quick and easy to make, all the preparation is done before the preheating of the oven is done!
It is also perfectly fit to be made by hand though the batter is quite thick and will require some elbow grease. Don’t be tempted to over work the batter though; just get everything combined nicely and that is it. Mix-ins can be added too like raisins, candied fruit, chocolate chips, walnuts and other kinds of nuts available; very flexible indeed. I hope you try out this banana cupcake recipe when you find the time. You’ll be very glad you did.
Best Banana Cupcakes: Super Moist, Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 pcs over ripe mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sour cream or milk
- 12 walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, mashed banana, and sour cream. Slowly add in the flour mixture. The batter will be thick and sticky. If using mix ins, fold them last. Mix the batter just until everything is incorporated.
3. Line a 12 piece cupcake tray with 3 oz. cupcake liners and fill each 2/3 up with batter. This can be done using an ice cream scoop or any regular spoon. Top each with walnuts. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy your banana cupcakes. 🙂