What do you get when you combine cheese and cupcakes? An explosion of goodness that lingers in your mouth and makes you go, “Mmm.. that is good.” This recipe for cheese cupcakes reflects heaven in a nutshell for cheese and cupcakes lovers alike. It is buttery, cheesy, salty, flavorful, and awfully, awfully lovely to eat.
The cheese cupcake is dense, soft, and fluffy while the crust is cheesy with a hint of creamy and salty – just thinking about it makes me smile! This is my first time to make cheese cupcakes following the recipe from the Goldilocks Bakebook My Babe got for me. They came out real well and I’m very satisfied. Each cupcake resembles the sun, perfect for a little brightness and warmth to break the monotony of the last handful of rainy days. I think it will be very easy for these cheese cupcakes to make it to your comfort food list; they are really that good. I added glowing to the name because it radiates warmth exactly! 😀
Out of this cheese cupcakes recipe, I was able to get around 20 cupcakes, 3 oz each. The topping melted on the oven but if you want, you can always add the cheese topping later in the baking to preserve the look of the grated cheese. As for me, I did not mind the oozy, melted cheese – it is a delight actually! Similarly, mamon lovers will enjoy these cheese cupcakes for sure. It is the same goodness but with more attitude. Cheesy goodness overload indeed!
Glowing Cheese Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp skim milk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted, softened butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ cup grated cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Sift first four ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. In another bowl, combine eggs and vanilla.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the egg mixture. Beat well and scrape the bottom and sides to incorporate.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and water to the creamed butter and eggs. Fold in the grated cheese. Divide the batter into 20 cupcake molds, 3 oz each, 2/3 way up. Top with more grated cheese.
- Bake the cheese cupcakes for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center of the cupcakes come out clean. Let cool and dig in!