This recipe for easy devil’s cupcake with whipped cream frosting is perfect to chase away the blues that might be accompanying today’s weather: once again, the sky is bleak and heavy rains occasionally batter the roof making clanking sounds, as if the heavens suddenly became obsessed with a soda cap throwing game. Times like this, there is nothing better than comfort food warming the soul and filling the stomach with big grin inducing deliciousness – this recipe for easy devil’s cupcakes is just what we all need.
Earlier, I was thinking about coming up with a post listing my comfort foods, those little spoonfuls of goodness that I automatically reach for, each time I know I can use some instant brightness. If there is no such thing as comfort in a box, then maybe it came in a bowl, through food. But I realized, why should I list them up when I can whip one up right now and share it with all of you? Brilliant idea, right? 😀
These devil’s cupcakes are moist, dark, flavorful, and slightly mysterious. There is an incredible aftertaste to it that tickles your taste buds and almost an afterglow that truly brings comfort in the best possible way. I make the devil’s cupcake recipe by hand and there is something deeply satisfying in that too. If you have the time to spare, try making these comfort food recipe – it’s as simple as throwing everything in a bowl – and I’m sure it will become a staple in record time. This makes 26 3 oz cupcakes or 1 9 in round cake.
Comfort Food: Easy Devil’s Cupcake Recipe with Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- whipped cream, for frosting
1. Combine and sift all dry ingredients in a bowl. This means the first five ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the next four ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix the wet ingredients gradually, stirring as you go.
3. Add the boiling water and mix to combine. The batter will be wet. Place the batter into baking cups and bake at a preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Top with whipped cream and enjoy your devil’s cupcakes! 😀