August has been really nice to me in terms of blog awards with two coming from Honey and Malinka, sending the Versatile Blogger Award my way. I think the first person to give me this blog award is Ren before. Thank you guys for your appreciation and thoughtfulness, warms my heart very much! 😀
The award comes with a task, to list seven things about yourself so here’s mine:
(1.) I can’t sing. (2.) I can’t swim. (3.) I can’t drive; but (4.) I can bake – check out my cat-chen and recipes. (5.) I can do a cartwheel. (6.) I can analyze fiction – my book reviews; and (7.) I can be cute when I want to.
I have to pass the Versatile Blogger Award to 15 blogs that I like but to be honest, I don’t follow a whole lot of blogs to reach such a big number so I guess I’d just send this award to everyone who come by my blog everyday and care enough about me to read what little I have to say. So there – Versatile Blogger Awards for everybody!
But there is something more important I want to share with everyone today and this is really personal. It’s called the Blog Friendship Sundae, an original blog award that I’d like to give to several blog friends who are after my own heart. I know a blog friendship is a virtual affair, but I think it is a virtual affair of the best possible sort.
You know those times when you really like something, and because you like it so much you don’t want to share it a lot, but because somebody is truly special you are willing to make the exception? That is what the Blog Friendship Sundae is all about. It is a special blogging award which lets people in and basically develops good blog friendship which is strong enough to be felt despite its online status. It’s something pretty sweet really!
For my Blog Friendship Sundae, I’d gladly share the spoon, even the cherry on top, to the following blog friends who are very dear to me:
1. KG – When KG stopped blogging for a time this year, I actually felt very sad! KG is one of my oldest blog friends. I remember her coming to my blog when it’s relatively new and she is always so nice and I love her take on life, family, travels – everything actually!
2. LJ – LJ is a sweetheart and we are definitely birds of the same feather. I love LJ – I love his idiosyncrasies. I love his passion for books. I love his weirdness. LJ and I do talk outside of our blogs, on mobile, on Facebook, and he is always there for YM chika, which always prove to be very entertaining. One day, we will meet and even though we will only stare at each other while eating lugaw, at least we get it, and it will be weird fun. 😆
3. Miko – I see myself in Miko a lot when I was younger. It’s surprising how many things we have in common – even guys we like are the same! 😀 She is just so charming, entertaining, and smart. I have not known her for long but I so want to be her friend. I think she is very cool and I’m normally scared to meet blog friends, but I’m actually looking forward to meeting her soon.
4. Denoy – Denoy is a rock star imo. His blog is so popular and the conversations on the comments section are always intriguing, funny, or controversial. Like LJ, Denoy has broken the virtual barrier and he is actually the first person to buzz me on Viber once I set up my account. With Denoy it’s always a laugh and I imagine him to be one of the coolest, wittiest, and most fun people in the world.
5. Leeyo – The most interesting things about Leeyo is the fact that she often moves blogs without warning but somehow, I manage to find her, always. I remember sending her a little gift a few years back and she was so appreciative she made a YouTube video thanking me for it, which is the best. Leeyo is a very sweet girl with principles and she is just so fun and I enjoy reading her posts as she discovers life.
6. Potsquared – There is only one reason: Pot makes me smile! 😆
7. Rob – Last year was so eventful because of Rob. He came with this list and I did my own too and it started a quest which led to fulfilling memories and experiences. It was such a wonderful thing and every now and then I’d check up on him and I think I ended up accomplishing so much because I know he is also keeping track. Rob is just a great guy and he inspires me.
8. MFP – I started following MFP in his .com blog and like Miko, I can see myself in him when I was younger and it is so entertaining! Given MFP is wittier and funnier, it’s such a joy to hear about his rants and his twisted view of the world. I relate to him a lot and there was a time when he left comments in each of my blog posts and I remember looking forward to what he will say every time I hit the publish button!
Thank you for the blog friendship, everyone! I’m so glad to have come across such awesome people online. Feel free to pass the Blog Friendship Sundae if you want to honor your most loved blog friends too! 🙂