I said it last year, I’m pretty happy with how my year turned out. This year, 2012 proved to be more interesting than happy; more activities, more events. For my lazy ass, this means I got damn tired good this year. 😆 But it’s all worth it so it’s cool.
Want to know something interesting? I feel this is only the beginning of an even crazier ride. I have a feeling that a real good thing is coming. I can’t be sure what it is, but next year has a pretty explosive feel to it. I can barely contain my excitement and the weirdest thing is i don’t even know what’s going to happen! But that’s alright, we all got to look forward to something, don’t we?
Right now, I want to share with you some of the funnest moment of my 2012 and here is where I wish you had a blast this year too and an ever better time next year. My heart goes out to everybody. You know that I love you, right? 😉
1. Getting published on Youngblood – The first half of my year opened with a huge surprise. I got published on Inquirer’s Youngblood column. It’s one case when you just do something for the sake of doing it and forget about it! Works every damn time.
2. The Notebook Project – To me, this project is proof that there are lots of good people around the world. I never expected anything when I launched this project. I just wanted to help and the support I received from everybody’s incredible. Many thanks!
3. 30 Days of Blogging Honesty – Denoy told me I’ve blogged more this year and I have this event to thank, and Tom, who organized it. I never knew I can do it and I’ve met so many interesting bloggers at the same time; so, so, cool. I can’t wait for the next round. I think it’s sometime in February. It will be crazy as I have so much planned for February already but I will damn try my best.
4. Food fairs, Bazaars, Markets, and Recipe Tests – My Mentor told me it’s quite surprising I turned out to be a foodie. I never saw it coming too. All I knew’s I’m always hungry. 😆 I have been to several food fairs this year, visited a lot of markets in different places, and tried my hand in making delicious food all throughout the year. I’m grateful for the phenomenal experience as it taught me a lot and stimulated my senses in an incredible way. I can’t wait to visit more food fairs, markets, and bazaars not just here but outside the country as well. I’ll bake more next year, and maybe learn how to really cook too
5. All the books – It’s a whole new world, diving into books. I’ve read a lot this year like never before and it pumped me up real good. I’m looking forward to getting more books and devouring them all next year; plus I’ll come to the MIBF 2013!
6. Bohol escapade – The best experience I had this year!
7. Watching The Phantom of the Opera – To me this is inspiring; the amount of talent I’ve seen simply inspired me to elevate my game, plus I had a fantastic time with my Mentor. 🙂
8. Manuscript reviews – I’m working on my manuscript. I’ve been writing it for some months and I did slack of these past two months but I’m keen on finishing it. I believe in the story and I can’t wait to let you all in on it. I submitted it for reviews and I’ve learned a lot from the editors and I’ll keep on writing. I’ll finish it next year, swear!
9. Thailand trip – So many realizations occurred to me during this trip. I know I have not shared this experience quite well but it’s just so overwhelming words escape me.
10. Editors reunion – A life affirming experience, I can never be more thankful for seeing all of my friends from the university again. It inspired me so much and I gained new appreciation for how long we have come, and how longer we still have to go. I’m so blessed to have them as life long friends.
Happy New Year everybody and here’s to kicking 2013’s ass! 😀