There’s this awesome feeling, of holding your journal in both hands for the last time, only to retire it and replace it with a new and blank one. It’s incredible.
Today, as I stow my now old journal, without reading a single page at that, and tear open the wrapping of my new one, please allow me to share with you some things that dawned on me I learned along the way:
- Don’t swim on quicksand; never a good idea. (But you do it all the damn time, don’t you?)
- Eat breakfast. (and make that ALWAYS.)
- If you can’t change something, you’ve got to accept it. (No ifs and buts!)
- BUST ASS. (Can you work like you mean it even just for once?)
- Fight the perennial state of mindlessness! (which is your forever state of mind, unfortunately.)
- Smile!(The Miracle of Suffering says it reflects mindfulness, which you don’t understand at all.)
- Stop wishful thinking and start making. (Yes, this means your manuscript, you lazy fuck.)
- Let go! (Too bad you’re OC.)
- Honesty is sometimes the worst policy. (Sigh.)
- Lessons are repeated until your stubborn ass learns them. (Good luck!)
I’m not sure if it’s a good thing, but this 2013, I’m all in. I have big goals and an even bigger will to capture them good. I’ve decided that it’s time to refuse imprisonment from the familiar. It’s time to rock the boat. Curious thing to see, if cats can fly. Stay tuned everyone, this New Year, shit’s about to get real.
Have an awesome New Year too!😀
Photo taken from here.