I feel awesome doing back to back Liebster Blog Award posts. It feeds my delusions of being a blogging rock star. Again, thank yous to Derek and Elaine. 🙂 The last post’s too long, right? To think I said I’ll do two separate posts for conciseness 🙄 Anyhow, I should get to the questions. Let’s see…
1. You can only save one: A child that’s destined to solve ALL of the world’s problems by the time she’s 50 or your soul mate?
The instructions say ask questions, Elaine, not torture people and create depressive scenarios in their minds. Only joking! I’ll save the child. I’m not joking. Why? Because I have no problem losing things – even that I value if I really have to. It doesn’t mean I won’t hurt like hell though but throughout my life, I reckon I’ve perfected the art of suffering in silence so this shouldn’t be an issue so get ready to get your ass sorted out, you filthy fuck. World: 1 PM: 0.
2. You’re stuck on an island, you can only have 1 human being, 1 album, and 1 dish that somehow floats on the shoreline every time you’re hungry, what do you pick?
Easy: Bear Grylls, Greatest Hits Album of Ben Rector, and Meaty Spaghetti.
3. If you had the DeLorean, what year would you go to and why?
Right, I’m clueless what a DeLorean is but I’m assuming it’s some sort of Time Machine? While it’s very tempting to meddle with time and space, my choice is to exercise my right not to use this DeLorean thingy because all I want to do now is to keep on moving forward. It only makes sense. What good is there in chasing the past?
4. What are the things you did today?
A responsible adult today, love – worked my ass off. I listened to a lot of good music while at it though: covers of Boys Avenue of Same Mistakes by James Blunt, Angel by Sarah McLachlan, Closer by Neyo, Love in the Club by Usher, How to Save a Life by The Fray and a lot more that I’m lazy to type.
5. What is one album you can’t live without?
I can perfectly live without albums, sorry. But I have several albums of Ben Rector, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Coldplay, and Train on my iPhone if that’s any indication.
6. If there was one moment and one time in the last month, what would you change and why?
January? Nothing. I had a mega emotional breakthrough last month and I’m grateful for it though it came with a bucketful of tears and a lungful of grief. I’m fine now, don’t worry. It’s a moment where I finally moved from my denial to acceptance of what has happened to me in the past year that has made me so miserable and so ill. I won’t call it a sad time though but a time of growth and ultimately, all is well.
7. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
I doubt there will be phone service in the sky but I’ll call my youngest sister, Kulot. I don’t know why and she’ll probably not pick up but she’s the first person that came to my mind. Besides, I expect I’ll be too busy panicking to even think of placing a call. 😆
8. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
Yes, but only because I want everybody to get off my back so I can do stuff that I want to do, particularly now that I’m dying. Actually, I find this question funny because we all know we will die eventually but we don’t live life with urgency in terms of realizing our potentials and becoming fully conscious of what we want and just reveling on it every damn day. Hmm… interesting, I’m beginning to sound like a friend of mine.
9. Would you rather be the only person in the world that can read minds or have everyone else in the world be able to read minds except for your own?
My position is I’m glad nobody can read my mind for if it happens, I imagine I’ll get punched in the face a lot. 😆 I pick the first option simply because I like understanding people. I’ll enjoy that more than having my mind to myself. Hell, I talk and write every day to share my mind, why make it harder for people, right?
10. If you wanted to get away, where would you go? Do you have any secret hiding places?
I have a bad habit of running. What I do is suck it all up until I can’t anymore and I run once I’m spent. I disappear for days and I describe it as me dying. I love it.
11. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
Like I mentioned in the beginning, I don’t have any problem losing anything if I have to. It’s hardly easy, not quick, and definitely scary as hell but once I get my mind to it, it’s done. I think I just gave up and lost my biggest thing the past months actually. It shattered my entire being, even reverberating up to my soul, but I had to do it. It’s one thing to lose someone; but losing yourself is another and I won’t let that happen.
Great questions, Elaine! 🙂 The 11 random facts about me comes next plus my nominees. Have a great day, everybody!