I guess I am starting to simmer down. I want to use the phrase ‘I think’ but I am really too tired of that now. This is one of the advantages of having an overdose of cannibalistic thoughts. You tire out eventually and you force yourself to stop and
after a million pain relievers take a grip of yourself.
So here is what I did:
1. Aggressive meditation on the fact that the world will not end even when I do not get a fast response or reaction on matters that concern me. (See how neurotic I am? Who puts the word agressive besides meditation? *rolls eyes*… OMG did I just bully myself again?)
2. Deep breathing exercises
mostly followed by shortness of breath or hyperventilation depending on how high my thoughts register on the doomsday scale.
3. Reminding myself that I can always find a solution if something truly does go wrong and if ever I do anything stupid no matter how big it is the Absolute can always fix it.
4. Abstaining from the regular habit of drinking iced coffee off a beer mug.
5. Being kinder to myself and policing my thoughts
using everything from bamboo sticks, guard dogs, and even a bundle of vegetables – just to prove the point.
6. Extensive application of duct tape (you know, if all else fails).
And I would like to say thank you to everyone who said a kind word and for dropping by and visiting me while I am sick. You make me smile.